Michael D. Belt
8607 N Route E
Columbia, MO 65202-8589
Summary of Qualifications:
Developed group, public relation, and technical skills through
numerous real world and academic experiences. Knowledge and experience
XSL, AJAX, ASP, and Visual Basic. SQL Database experience in DB2, Access,
Informix, and IDMS. Utilized numerous integrated development
environments including IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer,
Eclipse, Forte, and Visual Studio.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer and Information Systems Major:
College of Business, Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, Missouri.
Shelter Insurance Companies Columbia, MO, January 2001 - Present
- Development of Enterprise level eCommerce application. Utilizing
- Numerous team leadership responsibilities.
- Logical and syntactical troubleshooting.
Columbia Insurance Group Columbia, MO, January 2000 - January 2001
- Maintained & enhanced existing Visual Basic Application.
- Designed & developed ASP internet inquiry applications.
- Designed & developed Java internet eCommerce applications.
AMS Rating Services Bolivar, MO, June 1998 - January 2000
- Maintained and Upgraded Quick Basic Automobile Insurance Rating
- Y2K conversion for Automobile Insurance Rating Software
- Development of an advanced Visual Basic / Excel API batch rating
Southwest Baptist University Bolivar, MO, January 1998 - May 1998
Computer Laboratory Manager
- Prepared monthly payroll for a portion of the Lab Assistants.
- Repaired simple hardware malfunctions
- Assisted students with computing needs
Department of Social Services / Division of Data Processing
Jefferson City, MO, June 1997 - November 1997
Computer Programming Intern
- Maintained and Upgraded COBOL programs
- Created new COBOL applications using an IDMS database
- Programmed in AFP for bulk mailings
References available upon request.